- Everyday Health - Staying Fit: Especially for Seniors - This webpage provides an extensive list of physical activity sites, including some through Weight Wise eNewsletter and Your Health Magazine.
- Healthy U - Healthy U - Getting started and being active for older adults and individuals with health conditions.
- Alberta Centre for Active Living - The Centre maintains an extensive collection of information organized by section, including Programs/Resources, Quick Facts, Advocacy/Policy Articles, Key Websites, all with a similar focus on promoting physical activity.
The AGS Foundation for Health in Aging - Eldercare at Home - Sleep Problems
Wikipedia - Dehydration - This webpage provides an overview of dehydration, including causes, symptoms and treatment.
EatRight Ontario - Staying hydrated
Healthy U - Food Fit
4. Dental Health
Canadian Dental Association – 5 Steps To Good Oral Health
Canadian Mental Health Association - Stress - This webpage includes information on understanding, responding to, and preventing stress.
6. Addictive Substances
Alberta Health Services
Alcohol Facts - This page and its links provide the basic information about alcohol and addiction related issues. Information is clear and brief, and answers the questions most commonly asked.
Other Drugs - This page and its links provide the "ABCs" about drug related issues. Information is clear and brief, and answers the questions most commonly asked about drugs.
7. Observing Changes Related to Physical Wellness
The AGS Foundation for Health in Aging - Eldercare at Home - Pain - Some people think that pain is natural with aging, or that when older people are not clear in explaining the cause or nature of their pain that they are "just complaining." Both of these views are wrong. There is almost always a real problem behind pain.
8. Observing Behaviour
- Active Seniors' Options - Web Sites for the Elderly and their Caregivers - An extensive list of websites prepared by an American organization.
- HereToHelp - Confusing Behaviours - These fact sheets can tell you more about some disabling and often-misunderstood mental disorders and addictions. They might even help you figure out if it's worth seeking help.
9. Supporting Emotional Wellness